Safety Audit Procedure
1.Quality of NERS works
• Competency management prequalification systems in our First For contractor’s section
• Supplier prequalification questionnaire as part of First For Contractors application
• Site audits of quality of work
2. Health and Safety
• Controls of risks with company risk assessment procedure
• Safe Systems of working built up as part of method statement system
• Audit of site safety done via audit application of online systems
• Prequalification of subcontractors training in relation to safety using first For Contractors application
• Impact Register of potential site works
4. Workforce competence
• Training records system built into the Safety-First Package
• PQQ of subcontractors using First for Contractors application
• Toolbox talks for regular training in regards to best practice
5. Subcontractor management
• Dedicated subcontractor prequalification and management system as part of the First for Contractors system
• Maintained Purchase Order Register
• Materials and Equipment standards register
7. Work flow
• Project Summary and checklist for all construction scopes
8. Miscellaneous and extraordinary issues
• Maintained Legislation library
The Risk Management Audit will be conducted by the Managing Director with the input of the Assessing Officers and Qualified Supervisors.
Where the Risk Management Audit identifies a real or potential risk to NERS Accreditation the Managing Director, in conjunction with the Assessing Officers and Qualified Supervisors, will implement an action plan to remove or reduce that risk to an acceptable level.
All Action Plans will be reviewed within subsequent Risk Management Audits.
The Risk Management Audit is contained with the Audit Function of the Company’s Health and Safety software.
The Audit is set to a six-month review frequency.
The Audit shall be completed by the Managing Director, or in his absence, an Assessing Officer. The input of the Assessing Officers and the Qualified Supervisors will be required.
Where an answer of No or N/A is given to any Risk Management Audit question a note must be made in the Audit explaining why an answer of No or N/A has been given.
On completion, the Managing Director will review the outcome with the Assessing Officers and Qualified Supervisors and review any matter where an answer of No has been given.
Where an actual or potential risk to Accreditation is identified then an Action Plan shall be implemented with the objective or removing the risk or reducing it to an acceptable level.
The Action Plan shall be recorded on the Risk Management Action Plan Form. It shall be the responsibility of the Managing Director to oversee the implementation of the Action Plan.
All Action Plans implemented shall be reviewed at the subsequent Risk Management Audit to ensure they have (1) been implemented and (2) have effectively removed or reduced the risk as required.
2. Health & Safety Site Audit
To evaluate the compliance and safety of site works during NERS works, the Company has in place an audit which can be undertaken by the competent person which asks questions of how the site is being managed. These questions posed by these audits can be altered specific to DNO works.
This audit takes into account the following subjects in relation to Health & Safety.
• Site Welfare
• Personal protective Equipment
• Access & Security
• Emergency Procedures
• First Aid
• Manual Handling
• Hazardous Substances
The Company will undertake the site audits and carry out the rectifications actions at regular intervals during the NERS works. The competent person to undertake the site audits would either be the assessing officer, authorising officer.
3. Competency Audits
The Company will undertake regular auditing of the individuals engaged on NERS projects in relation to their competencies linked to the contestable scope of works. This audit will be created and completed using the company’s online auditing software on a scope by scope basis depending upon the technical requirements of the works undertaken by the individual for that role.
These audits will be created and carried out on the individuals by the assessing officer assigned to the project. Once completed the audit results will be uploaded directly into The Company’s subcontractor management application in the individuals custom file section. Should a follow up audit be carried out then this will also be uploaded directly into the subcontractor’s management application in the custom files area.
As a minimum, each individual should be audited once in any 12-month period on all scopes of work they are authorised to carry out on NERS projects. Where an individual has not carried out work of a particular scope during the 12-month period then this will be reviewed as part of their annual competency assessment and a determination shall be made as to whether or not the individual requires further training to maintain skills and knowledge.